Dental Director- Exempt
This position is for a Federal Qualified Health Center (FQHC) located in Yuma County Arizona. As the Dental Director – the candidate with champion “oral health” in the health center itself and the community, locally, state-wide and nationally. This dental department provides dental care for a diverse patient population of varying socio-economic backgrounds.
The candidate for the dental Director position will be responsible for the overall direction and coordination for four dental clinics sites and the mobile dental program. Responsibilities include oversight for the quality of care/management as well as to serve as the principal coordinator and liaison for the department team members for delivery systems, utilization management and the continuous quality improvement of functions and operations.
There is an expectation that the Dental Director maintain a patient panel in conjunction with administrative duties for the dental department.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working at a management level in a health care institution or agency is preferred. Prior experience and knowledge of FQHC programs and processes.
- Familiarity and experience with federal PCER processes required.
- Familiarity and experience with systematic QA programs required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality assurance and risk management standards and processes.
- Familiarity and experience with standards and processes established by CMS, OSHA, CDC, ADA, and other regularity entities such as JCAHO and AAAHC.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations required:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) from a dental school accredited by the American Dental Association.
- Master's degree or equivalent in Public Health, Health Care Administration, or related field is preferred.
- Current Arizona State Dental License in good standing.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) License in good standing.
- Membership with the American Dental Association and its state and local components is required. Membership with the National Network of Oral Health Access is required.
For information about this position contact: Debra Hunter- HR Director/ 928.329.5474.
Job Status: Full Time